[nabs-l] Drawing Lewis Structures

Lizzy lizzym0827 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:45:29 UTC 2015

Hi Kennedy,
First, let me say that there is no doubt that you can (and will)
succeed in Chemistry.  For drawing Lewis Structures, I too looked
at the 3-D model provided in class (it's pretty standard that all
Chem teachers/profs have one).  Based on the 3-D model, I drew
the structure (complete with bonds, angles etc.) on a draftsman
board.  You can use any type of swell paper- it doesn't need to
be that specific brand.  I found that using something where both
the instructor and I could see the Lewis Structure laid out was
helpful.  I also tried descriptions for them which worked
sometimes but not others.  It depends on your learning style
though, if the LS was long or complex and I didn't see it drawn
out I would forget things in my description.  If it was short,
(like water or carbon dioxide) I had no problem describing it.
Hope this helps,
Lizzy