[nabs-l] Handwritten pages, accessibility, and confidentiality

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 00:30:55 UTC 2015

Hello Kaiti,

I do not know of any computer applications that convert hand written
documents into a more accessible format. Therefore, I believe a reader of
some kind would be the most beneficial means of being able to gain access to
this printed information.

If you are concerned about the reader keeping a copy of the song lyrics,
perhaps you could meet with them in person as they are converting the lyrics
into something that may be more accessible for you. This way you can hand
them the lyrics when working with the reader, and then ask to receive them
back when you are done working with the reader. This would ensure that the
reader does not retain a copy of the lyrics.

Additionally, is there any way to break down the song into smaller chunks
when working with this individual? Perhaps working on the whole song in one
session may be too much when working with this person, but perhaps you could
work on the song line by line or verse by verse depending on what might work
best for the situation. If you were to do the song line by line, or perhaps
two lines at a time, you could potentially work on different arrangements
for that section of the song, and perhaps he might want to change some of
the lyrics as you go along depending on how they sound to him. When working
on a new line of the song, you could review what you have done with the song
up to that point before beginning on the new line.

I have absolutely no idea if this would work for your situation, but it was
something that came to mind as I was reading through your email. I hope you
are able to find the best solution to this situation.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth