[nabs-l] Number one thing to do to prepare for college

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:13:14 UTC 2016

I haven't yet read the replies, but I think there is no actual "number 1 thing."
However, I would say based on my own experience:
1. Don't limit yourself. Don't pick a small school because you don't think you will be able to get around campus, pick a small school because you genuinely like that environment. Same goes for in-state and out-of-state.
My second piece of advice would be to not wait until the very last minute. Teachers are very busy, so it is important that you tell them way in advance  when you need a letter of recommendation. If you wait until the very last week, something might have come up and it's not the teacher's fault because they could have done in farther in advance.  Applications may require you to give information you may not have and need to consult someone else for which is another reason you shouldn't go last-minute. I would say as a general rule have a copy of your unofficial transcript in hand when you are filling out the application because often  you will be asked to extract information from it.
Vejas