[nabs-l] Accommodation Rights and Not Using Disability Services

Jameyanne Fuller jameyanne at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:56:05 UTC 2016

I know my undergrad's policy was that accommodations had to go through the
disabilitites services office. In grad school where I am now, you have to go
through the accessibility office because exams are anonomous so your
professors can't actually know what your accommodations are. What you're
asking for seems definitely reasonable, and the best course is probably to
approach your dss office and have a conversation about your issues, but as
has been said already, I don't know your specific circumstances. Either way,
you'll likely have better luck working with the DSS office than breaking
away from them completely.
HTH
Jameyanne