[nabs-l] Help needed braille writer sudden denial and other OVR issues

Emma Mitchell emitchell927 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 03:47:19 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,
I need your help:

Can friends post why a Braille writer is necessary to learn Braille so I can send it to my counselor and also why it’s important for college studies?
Also what training center is good and why? And for how long I should go?
I’m fighting my OVR on these issues.
Ps. A braille writer/display was approved in October I just got emailed a denial on Monday because I don’t know enough braille. Im trying to point out that I can not learn braille without a writer to practice please help. I”m in Pennsylvania.
Emma