[nabs-l] BrailleNote mpower as a bluetooth braille display?

DaVid dhf360 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:46:37 UTC 2016

Hi all.
I have a BrailleNote mpower with keysoft 7.2. I can't upgrade it to
8.1 because humanware doesn't support it now.
In the manual I read that this device can be connected to a computer
by bluetooth or serial and acts as a braille display.
Well, my computer hasn't serial, then I tried bluetooth. But I cant
figure how to set it with NVDA or jaws.
I installed Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 to get
activeSync service on bluetooth. Then I paired it, set brailleNote as
a braille terminal, but NVDA or JAWS can't detect it as a braille
display.
Sometimes brailleNote fails to active braille terminal mode. Says
serial port is unavailable. I restart the connection and solve it.
Also I added a bluetooth serial input port in my computer. From
Windows mobile device center Y can access brailleNote by this port,
even I can access to braillenote files etc.
I tried to select this bluetooth serial port on the braille display
port configuration, but NVDA shows an error.
I tried it on windows 7 and 8.1.
Also I tried to configure this device with iPhone, since iPhone offers
activeSync service but VoiceOver seems to be incompatible with this
protocol.
I need help because at this time, I only have Access to this braille display.
Thanks :)