[nabs-l] Events at school

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Wed Feb 10 03:49:38 UTC 2016

Hello Anna,
A few things I have done in the past with similar situations is:

1. If you have your own adapted Board game, bring that so that you can
play along and introduce your friends to adapted games.without having
to rely on a volunteer's sight.
A good website to find accessible games is
http:www.64ouncegames.com
2. Braille or type out the different parts of the game that may
require reading( such as in monopoly you  can braille or type out the
different chance, community chest and the different street, utility
and railroad squares with the cost of what the rent is or how much it
is to by).
3. If all else fails, you can ask one of your sighted friends to read
whatever is required to be read.
Hope this helps

Jonathan