[nabs-l] Braille Sense U2

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 05:40:20 UTC 2016

Hi, Julie,

I do not have the U2, but I do have the On-Hand which is the prototype
of the U2 mini.  I've had it since just before college and I love it.
I find the layout very similar to windows and remember it being easy
to learn.  I have used the email client successfully before, as well
as poked around on the facebook and twitter functions.  The quick
browser is also something I use a decent amount of time when at home
with the ability to access it (I cannot access the wifi on it at my
college).

I haven't needed to work with foreign language support, but I have had
fewer crashes than I had with my previous BrailleNotes.  I also
appreciate that HIMS has made it possible for us to update our own
software.  Perhaps Humanware has in the last few years as well, but I
remember being very pleased when I was able to upgrade my firmware on
my own instead of having to send my unit away to have HIMS do it for
me.  For me, I think switching was a good decision.

Hope this helps,