[nabs-l] Fwd: [Nfbnet-students-list] Legislative Leadership Workshop Notes

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 23 18:32:58 UTC 2016

Hello All,

It looks as though the attachment did not come through when Kathryn forwarded this message to the email list. Since I think this is such a well written document on  legislative advocacy, I wanted to make sure everyone receives a copy of these notes.

I know there were some people on this email list who were asking about what to do if they are not able to attend Washington Seminar. I think the notes contained in this document does a good job adding some thoughts and ideas to this discussion.

I think these notes do a really good job explaining the process of advocating for legislative issues. However, I can think of one more thing that can be useful in terms of getting to know your member of Congress. In most cases, you can sign up to receive regular email updates from your member of Congress that highlight places they visit in their home district, events they are sponsoring, and the types of legislation they are currently supporting. I suppose Twitter probably works well for something like this too, but I guess I am a bit old fashioned, and like being able to read something that is a bit more in-depth than a tweet.

Anyway, I just thought I would pass along this information for those of you who may be interested and are no longer receiving emails from the NABS student master email list.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth