[nabs-l] Self-Advocacy Toolkit

Derek Manners dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 30 19:13:32 UTC 2016

Hello NABS,

I’m happy to share that the NFB’s Self-Advocacy in Higher Education Toolkit, Version 1.0, is now live:https://nfb.org/self-advocacy-higher-education.

There's all kinds of good stuff in there. Everything from selecting colleges, high stakes testing, your legal rights, etc.

President Amy Ruell of Massachusetts shared it with our Commission for the blind after we asked him what students were told when they called in with accessibility issues. They indicated that they didn't have any set policy or guidance in place. Now they have agreed to circulate this to students.

This may be something worth replicating in other states. If you are interested, talk to your affiliate president about it.

Best regards
Derek Manners

Sent from my iPhone