[nabs-l] Readers

Laura llstangl6 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:42:23 UTC 2016

I took Biology last year and used a biology major student to read. As I am a
visual learner and did not always get what he was describing we went low
tech sometimes and got out the legos or playdough, we used kits for some DNA
and other sort of cell things that the dss office had, and reached out to
the art  department, that has a 3-d printer to print some cells. All of this
helped me to understand and grasp to concepts. I hope this is a help I know
sometime we forget the low tech of learning  because of the bad old days of
straws and cottonballs to demonstrate. But  we should not get stuck in the
idea of technology as the be all answer. just keep learning and trying
different things, and you will discover what works best for you and your
learning style.

Laura