[nabs-l] help on resources for learning braille

Kristen Steele kskristen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 14:15:39 UTC 2016

Hi, Emma--

I would get in touch with the Hadley Institute (info at hadley.edu). They
provide distance education courses in all levels of Braille and will
place you in the right course with a diagnostic assessment. Their
instructors are very informative and easy to work with.

Do you know any Braille? If you have a slight background, there is a
publication available from NFB called the UEB Reader, which introduces
the new symbols/rules of UEB, as well as reviews the alphabet,
numbers, etc.

I am highly proficient with Braille and have used it for about 15
years now. If you ever have a specific question or just want to write
back and forth to practice, feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!
--
Kristen