[nabs-l] Google Glass

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 02:23:09 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I hope you are doing well.
I was wondering  what these of you who  either own or who have seen the most recent instalment of google glass thinks. I just had my state convention this weekend, and they were sharing their new feature, where an agent from EIRA can help direct you to finding places. I've tested this out, and this is what I think.
I felt like it was  very interesting having an agent being able to see and hear where I was going. However, I feel that for the expense of it, I might benefit more from just talking to people I see if I need help along the way.
I am very curious to see the development of this product and was wondering what you all thought. I have 2 other concerns about it as well. The first is that they are going to have to figure out what to do when more people are needing help than agents that are available. My other worry is that people are going to use this as a substitute for OANDM skills. While it goes  without saying that we need to still use our own  mental maps, I know when I was at convention I was trying to focus in on what my agent was saying in the midst of all convention hubbub.
Thanks,
Vejas