[nabs-l] A Follow Up To My Post From Last Night About The Thumb Drive Fund Raiser

David Dunphy discoduck221 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:03:43 UTC 2016

Hi There!
After reading some feedback received here and privately, I wanted to
throw some things out there and make a suggestion based on ideas given
to me off list and my own thinking.
.
1. Thank you Elizabeth for your thoughts. You're right. Anyone can get
a thumb drive. And anyone can find this information. But I felt like
you were minimizing my concern, like you were suggesting I let it go
cause it's just a fund raiser. I want to support an organization that
I believe does good for people. But if something is guaranteed, I
think that needs to be honored too.
2. After hearing some comments from membership, and I'd be willing to
help with this, why not make these available as a digital download for
a second method of delivery? As long as the payments get received, a
link is delivered. There's a shopping cart system of sorts that can be
set up to deliver this content upon receipt of payment in zip file
format to be extracted. I also have a way to make it an installer of
sorts so the student can save the files where he or she wishes. These
links can be hand sent via email. But there are ways to provide a
downloadable option providing payment is made.
If anyone on the board or otherwise would like to talk to me about
these ideas of how this could be implemented, please feel free to get
in touch via email.
Thanks for everything.