[nabs-l] Swimming and Other Ocean Activities

Roper, Meaghan ropermeaghan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 01:24:18 UTC 2017

Vejas,

Speaking from personal experience, I was a swimmer from fourth grade through 12th grade. I swam  varsity all four years of high school, and managed the boys swim team as well as competing for the girls. I do not think that you need to be monitored while swimming, as long as you were properly educated about the safety of swimming in pools and other bodies of water.

Swimming is an absolutely fantastic competitive sport and leisurely  activity, and as long as you are properly equipped I think you can take on any body of water at any depth. In my experience, swimming is one of the few activities that does not require any vision, at least on the competitive level and especially on the leisurely level. I don't see why you can't enjoy yourself swimming independently at any time.

I hope you were able to figure this out and enjoy the sport; definitely one of the best.

Best,

Meaghan

Meaghan Roper
Wheelock college | Class of 2018