[nabs-l] Doing Sighted Guide with Blind Students

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:46:35 UTC 2017

Dear Students,

I hope all of you are doing well.  Tomorrow I will be
volunteering at the East Florida Braille Challenge all day from
8-00 Am to 4-30 Pm.  The Braille Challenge is sponsored by the
Braille Institute in Los Angelis, California and regional
competitions are held each year in all of the fifty states.  I
have been assigned to be a sighted guide for a group of older
blind students during this event.  Two other people and I are
responsible for keeping track of these students and getting them
around the church.  Since I am totally blind, how do I perform
the sighted guide technique with these students? Hope to hear
from you soon.