[nabs-l] formatting questions

Alonza Harris kidbrailler at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 17:51:40 UTC 2017

Hi Sophie, to insert page numbers in your document, click the page numbers button in the Header Footer group on the insert tab. You may also press Alt+n, n, u. Alt n selects the insert tab, n, u will bring up the page numbers gallery. Here, you are presented with options for where to place them. Choose from top of page, bottom of page, current position or margins. Once you decide where you want them placed, click your desired option, and you'll be presented with a second list of options, pertaining to how your page numbers should be displayed. I recommend one of the plain number options for most documents. Once all of that has been completed, press the enter key.
If you want a double-spaced document, try this:
1. Move your cursor to the beginning of the document by pressing control+home, then press control+a to select the document..
2. Press At+p, p, g. Alt P selects the page layout tab, the second part of this shortcut takes you to the paragraph dialogue box.
3 in the dialoge, press tab until your screenreader presents you with a line spacing drop-down list. First, however, in the dialogue box, make sure the indents and spacing tab is selected, as this is a multi tabbed dialogue box, you imnediately navigate to the line spacing option in the paragraph dialogue box with indents and spacing tab selected by pressing altn. At this option, arrow down until your screenreader anounces, "double" then tab to the okay button.

Hope this helps.

Alonza+

Sent from my iPhone