[nabs-l] Question about Braille Textbooks

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:14:11 UTC 2017

Mikayla,
I'm glad my mesage made you feel better.  In some cases, however,
your VI teacher is correct.
Many Braille textbooks can be found electronically if you have a
notetaker or Braille display.  You can also get them in audio if
you have a Victor stream.  In some classes, such as math, it may
not be possible to find a copy of the textbook you need; in a
case like that, my school's DSS, the teacher and yourself would
discuss the best course of action.  Sometimes, another similar
version will be available and the teacher will work with a
similar version, but I am in a small school with small classes,
so do not know if this is always possible.  Every individual
situation is unique to the individual.
Vejas