[nabs-l] Endorsing Michael Ausbun, a candidate who cares

Shannon Cantan shannoncantan.nfb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 16:10:33 UTC 2017

Aloha students,

I am eager to be the next NABS member endorsing Michael for the position of
 1st Vice President of the national Association of Blind Students. I first
was acquainted with Michael last year, during Washington Seminar. Although
quite new to the Legislative process, Michael took on his role as the
Legislative Director of the Nevada Affiliate in stride.  As with everything
else he does in life, Michael went all in.  I have been extremely fortunate
to see his growth as a leader over the past year and a half.  Michael is the
epitome of passionate toward our movement. he is a true ambassador for this
great organization.  As we all know, the role of 1st Vice President should
go to the person whom the President relies on the most, no one deserves this
title more than Michael Ausbun. President Webster and Michael work
exceptionally well together from fundraising to legislation, and logistics
to team building. It is obvious to all that their partnership in leadership
is vibrant, communicative, fair, and genuine.

Again, I am proud to endorse Michael, and I do hope you all join me in
voting for this exceptional candidate during the Annual NABS Business
Meeting on Tuesday evening at Convention. Your vote will go far in ensuring
success for the National Association of Blind Students.

See you in Orlando,
Shannon KS Cantan
Chair | NABS 50th Anniversary Planning Committee
Co-Chair | NABS Fundraising Committee