[nabs-l] Endorsing Michael Ausbun as vice-president

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Jun 17 20:14:54 UTC 2017

Hello all,

My name is Ty Littlefield; I am currently the vice-president of the
Massachusetts student chapter (MASSABS). I've also done a lot of
accessibility and
advocacy work around making apps such as Venmo and Instacart more
accessible and was behind work on converting NFBTrans so that it will
run on modern operating
systems.

I've had a few discussions with Michael both in person and over social
media. Michael has always struck me as someone who genuinely loves the
federation and wants
to give back to the organization as much as possible. Michael is a great
example of a great leader within the organization. He is able to connect
with those who are not on the board while also encouraging others to
lead and become involved within the federation family. It means a lot to
also see leaders
such as Michael who are as dedicated toward our movement and who truly
love their work. Perhaps what speaks loudest about Michael is his
ability to dedicate himself toward our movement without the need to tout
his achievements; he is able to simply let them stand as they are and
continue working toward our mutual goals.

I fully support Michael and his election as vice-president and encourage
everyone to also do so and help the organization move forward. I believe
that he will support Kathryn Webster as president and his enthusiasm and
leadership can only help the organization grow.

Thanks for your time,

Tyler Littlefield