[nabs-l] Uploading Files from iPhone

Kristen kskristen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:34:42 UTC 2017

Hi, all-

I am a volunteer proofreader for Bookshare and use my Apex to
read/edit the files, which are RTF format, in Braille. A few
months ago, they updated their security software; as a result,
the volunteer pages do not load on the BrailleNote anymore.

I hope to continue proofreading and am trying to set up a
work-around using my iPhone. (We moved last summer and do not yet
have a computer with a screenreader set up. I am faster on my
Apex and iPhone anyway and prefer those.) So far, I have
successfully been able to checkout the book I would like to
proofread and e-mail it to myself (for access on the Apex) when
it loads the file from the Bookshare website on my phone screen.

My question is, how would I go about uploading the proofread book
from the Mail app on the iPhone to the website? Do I need an app
to store the file, so I can find it to submit? I've read that you
cannot upload documents with Safari. Is there another browser app
that works better for this?

In short, what would you recommend for apps for storing RTFs and
uploading them online?

Thanks so much!
--
Kristen