[nabs-l] Experience working with youth with high-functioning intellectual disabilities and autism and going on outings with them as a totally blind individual

Amanda Cape cape.amanda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 01:39:27 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
I am going for an interview tomorrow afternoon for a youth worker
position for a social skills program for youth ages 12-17 to work on
their social skills and improve their confidence. I believe that one
of the activities done by the youth workers is to take the group on
outings to practice their social skills. Has anyone done this before
and what strategies did you use? I am concerned about this task and
feel that the employer might want to know how I would manage this type
of task. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda