[nabs-l] AIM High?

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sat May 13 01:40:08 UTC 2017

I've met several.
Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: NABS-L [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jamie P. via
NABS-L
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 9:25 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jamie P. <blackbyrdfly at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] AIM High?

There are absolutely blind dropouts. I am not one myself, but I know quite a
few personally and have heard stories of others. We still have a long, long
way to go.

That being said, I don't have a percentage. I don't think such data is being
gathered by any authoritative entity.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 12, 2017, at 17:53, Mariya Vasileva via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
wrote:

> I highly doubt that in today's society, there are blind dropouts, that
> act is addressing that there are specific guidelines towards
> universities to keep them in line when it comes to accessibility
> issues across all online platforms and situations, and congress and us
> are working on getting this bill in to an official law to be in
> affect, that way we could finally have a more equal college and work
> life as equal individuals. Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 12, 2017, at 18:08, Nesma Aly via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
wrote:

>>               Hi all,
>>
>> I have an assignment in English that requires me to give some info on
>> the AIM High act.
>>
>> So, my first question is What is the issue that the bill is trying to
>> address in details?
>>
>> 2 what percentage of college students are blind? What is the dropout
rate?
>> Have there been any court cases about blind people trying to gain
>> accessibility?
>>
>> 3. What solutions are given in the legislation to address the issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nesma

NABS-L:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/mkvnfb94%40gmail.