[nabs-l] Honest question any help?

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 17:31:42 UTC 2017

Hello Emma,

I applaud you for wanting to remain independent despite the fact that you use a wheelchair.  Hopefully, Chris sent you the contact information he mentioned in his email. It sounds like he has a great contact for you, and I hope you are able to connect with this person.

I do not know how active the wheelchair division or email list might be these days. However, when I subscribed to the wheelchair email list a couple of years ago, there was absolutely no activity on it.  However, I am not sure if it is still this way today as my use of a wheelchair was limited. Although it would be worth checking out the wheelchair email list, I would definitely encourage you to contact The person Chris mentioned in his email. I believe this would be the best way to find someone who could give you some advice on using a cane with a wheelchair.

I never tried to use my cane with my limited use of a wheelchair. However, when I asked a mobility instructor about using a cane with my walker, I was told to use the longest came possible. I am not sure if the same advice would work for a wheelchair or not. However, I am sure  the contact Chris provided in his email would be able to tell you the best way on how to use a cane with your wheelchair.

Good luck,
Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone