[nabs-l] Fight For Your Rights!!

Syed Rizvi syedrizvinfb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 16:36:33 UTC 2017

Dear Fellow Blind Students,

I have never experienced a single semester that has not been fraught with
accessibility issues. Whether it is receiving my books late, inaccessible
labs, or restricted access to my academic materials. You all know the
feeling. You already have enough to deal with in your life, without this
additional Burdon. The heat building under your collar when everyone in the
class is starting a lab or quiz that isn’t accessible for you, the
frustration that makes you feel like pulling your hair out because you are
falling behind since you still haven’t received your books. Finally, you
can do something about it, rather than sending angry emails to the
disability office. As individuals we are powerless to change the system.
Together, we are strong and can fight.

Washington seminar is upon the horizon, and we desperately need more
personal testimonies. This is such an easy and simple task to perform,
there is no excuse why not to. It is the most basic effort to not only help
yourself, but help all your peers.

Attached to this email is a template to follow that makes writing your
letter effortless. Additionally, there are two sample letters to check out.
I challenge each single one of you to take autonomy in your life and fight
for your rights. Write your letter, send it to me at syedrizvinfb at gmail.com
and stop letting life pass you by.

Cordially,

     Syed Rizvi

2nd Vice President, National Association of Blind Students

syedrizvinfb at gmail.com

413-250(3523)