[nabs-l] Training before College

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 00:57:16 UTC 2017

Hey there!

First, I want to congratulate you and thinking about that ahead of time because that's a big deal and I'm glad you decided you want to go before college.

I was somebody who did not initially decide to go to training before college and went to my first year of community college without training, and it didn't turn out so great, so after my first year I went to training I had a much better experience in college afterward. Generally, I would wait on the FAF essay because training can often take around nine or 10 months, which will essentially block out the whole school year for most people, so I would wait to fill it out until The year you know you will be beginning school at your community college. Or, if you are deciding to take classes while in training if you're training center offers a college prep program, it would in that case be better to go ahead and do the FAF essay now.

Of course, there is certainly no harm in doing the FAF essay now even if you don't go to college until a year or two from now, so if you want to do so you certainly can. You may find that it's easier to get it out-of-the-way now and just renew the information next year when you go to school. So, really, either way is all right.

Ellana Crew, Vice President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Website: nfbmd.org/students
Facebook: facebook.com/mdabs.federation