[NABS-L] braille accents in Spanish

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 21:18:57 UTC 2018

Hi NABS people,

Hope everyone's spring semester is getting off to a good start! I start school on Monday and have one more question about my impending Spanish course. Is it possible to write Spanish accents in braille on the BrailleNote Touch? I know the accent signs, and I've created a speech profile with a Spanish voice and Spanish braille tables, but the accent signs still come across as the contractions they represent in English. For instance, when I type dots 2-3-4-5-6, it comes out as "with" instead of U acute. Is there a way to remedy this?

Yours sincerely,
Sophie Trist