[NABS-L] Good News

Sami Osborne sami.j.osborne97 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:07:44 UTC 2018

 Hi Roanna,

First of all, congratulations on this new endeavor! I know you'll
do great in this new chapter in your life.

Second, what do you mean by going back to old habits? WHEN I did
my training two years ago, I also attended a censer that was i an
hour from my house.  I took advantage of this by going home every
weekend.  Of course was partly due to the fact that my mother had
to drive me to my piano lessons, which were also an hour away,
but still, it was nice to spend time with my family during the
weekends while attending training during the week.  If you're
really worried, I would try and practice the skills you're
learning while you're at home for the weekend.  In my case, for
by stance, I actually attended a center for people who are blind
and hard of hearing.  While I was there, I learned how to change
the batteries in my bearing aids, which I never knew how to do
before.  Every Sunday night, just before my mother would
accompany me back to the center, she'd have me practice doing
this on our kitchen table.  I'm not sure what you're going to
learn, but if, say, you're going to cook, clean, and do laundry,
I would suggest you have your parents have you practice those
skills.  Going home for the weekend is really a great thing,
because it allows you to spend a couple of days the your family
and sakes the overwhelming pressure of your training off during
that time.

I hope this helps.

Sami