[NABS-L] taking notes at college

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:49:52 UTC 2018

Hi Theodore,

That’s a great question to be asking. There are many different systems people use, but personally, I have found it relatively easy to use only my laptop. I type very fast and accurately, so in actuality, I keep the volume on my computer very low and don’t much listen to it while typing, and just make sure to proofread my notes afterwards, so that most of what I am hearing is the lecture. You might also try keeping your braille display in your lap and your laptop on the desk so that you can still use both.

Looking forward to hearing others’ suggestions here.

Ellana Crew, President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
443-758-7211
nfbmd.org/students
facebook.com/mdabs.federation
@MDABS_NFB

The Maryland Association of Blind Students knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind students because low expectations create obstacles between blind students and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.