[NABS-L] Reading Multiple Languages on a Braille Display

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:16:58 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I'm taking French classes this summer, and have been receiving emails in
French from instructors. Naturally with NVDA or JAWS these can read okay,
but it'd be ideal to have them in Braille so I don't have to repeatedly slow
down my speech for French, then crank it up again for English. For anyone
who uses an external Braille display, would French content on an English
system display properly? I'm assuming it depends on encoding or something,
but I'm not sure. I'm in the market for a Braille display/note taker anyway;
would it do the job of allowing me to read French (or other languages) in
this way?
Thank you,
Sarah

---