[NABS-L] Citations

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:32:40 UTC 2019

Hi Abby:

It's so great to see you on this list! Many of us know your mom as a resourceful advocate and enthusiastic leader in our parents' division, but the fact that you are getting involved in the NFB on your own terms is a great source of pride and happiness for me and for many other NFB members!

Back to your question, I haven't used it in a while, but I believe Citation Machine is accessible. BibMe is also a good one, though its accessibility seems not to be consistent from update to update. I know this isn't quite as easy as an automatic citation generator, but I think the best and most reliable way to cite sources in MLA is to get an MLA template and fill the information you need into the appropriate spaces. The Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab) has a wonderful resource for this purpose. They have a template which has the entire citation in the correct format, meaning that you only have to fill the information in. For example, replace the word "title" in the template with the title of the book or article you are citing. When I found this template, I copied it from the OWL Web site and pasted it into a Word document so I could save it for whenever I need it. When you need to put a citation in a paper, just fill out the template and paste it into your paper. Feel free to email me off-list or give me a call if you need more help. Again, welcome to NABS!

Chris Nusbaum