[NABS-L] Collaborative Calendars

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 00:32:44 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm the Director of Communications for the group responsible for
representing the student body now at school. Still not sure how I
landed that one... At any rate, a couple of my biggest initiatives are
web accessibility, and increased transparency. Toward that end, I'd
like to start a public calendar system, so that students can become
aware of all the meetings, town halls, events, etc. that we're having.
Most of the student senate meetings, for example, are open to the
student body but since people are not aware of when they are, no one
shows up. This leads to a vicious cycle of questions like "Is the
senate actually doing anything?" Of course they are, but how is anyone
supposed to know what's going on if they don't know when the meetings
are? Hence the calendar.

I've been playing around with Google Calendar and my school
(unfortunately) likes Outlook, but I wanted to ask for y'all's
opinions on accessible tools. While it may be slightly self-serving, I
first want to make sure that whatever we end up going with is 1,000%
accessible. Ideally, it should be something that we can embed into our
website, so that we don't have to maintain a bunch of separate
calendars and stuff. Also, it should definitely be something available
to both Android and Apple users. Have any of you done something like
this in the past and if so, what has worked best? Thanks!

Best,
Cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman (she/her/hers)