[NABS-L] MiABS Michigan's Got Talent Competition

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:23:05 UTC 2019

Good Morning NABSters

I hope that all of you are having a great beginning of Fall. With the first
day of National Meet the Blind Month underway, I thought it would be great
to update you all on the progress for our talent competition at the Michigan
state convention! The event, "Michigan's Got Talent," will take place on
Friday, November 8, 2019 at 9pm at the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids. This
event, aimed at spotlighting our affiliate's talented members, is a social
phenomenon that you will not want to miss. We will have great performers,
delicious appetizers, and a cash bar! It is gearing up to be one for the
record books.

The Skinny: The talent competition offers prizes for the top three
performers of the night. These prizes include cash and other items of
desire, but to win such prizes you must enter the competition. There will
also be a door prize drawn at the event, so you must be in the room for the
event in order to win this item. To register for the competition, you should
select the talent competition as part of your itinerary when you register
for our state convention at www.nfbmi.org/convention. This will add the $5
cover charge to your overall registration invoice. If you do not do this, no
worries, you can still buy a ticket at the door for $7. Take advantage of
the savings and preregister, you will become part of the VIP club and have
an opportunity to walk into the event and skip the lines.

What's a Talent? A talent is subjective. This is not a singing competition.
Talent shows include performers that can do something classical like playing
a musical instrument or reading a poem to something unorthodox like belching
the alphabet. If it makes you unique and keeps the judges on their feet, you
are talented. Remember, I promised that if anyone needed a backup dancer,
they can contract me for a $5 box from Taco Bell. I got mad moves, yo. We
are here to have fun and create more camaraderie amongst our affiliate
members at our fiftieth anniversary.

Want to Compete? No problem, our competitor registration link is live on our
affiliate's convention page. Simply go to www.nfbmi.org/convention
<http://www.nfbmi.org/convention>  and click the link that takes you to the
form. Remember to read the directions carefully. There will be a conference
call for competitors in the next two weeks so that you will know what the
expectations are.

If you have any questions about the event or the process to register to
compete, please feel free to contact me via e-mail at
Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu <mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu> . I am always
happy to help. Remember, scared money doesn't make any money, so if you
think you are talented try to show us and be rewarded with love, hope, and
determination. and maybe some cash.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Kalamazoo Chapter

Vice President, Michigan Association of Blind Students

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas