[NABS-L] Accommodations in biology and neuroscience courses

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 13:26:42 UTC 2019

Good morning everyone!

                I’ve recently been thinking about concentrating my studies on not only general psychology but on cognitive neuroscience, as well. However, I’m super concerned about the biology and other science courses I will need to take. I have taken college level biology before and done well, but these classes would be of a much larger size and a very demanding nature.

                What accommodations have you used to make these courses accessible? How do you navigate biology labs and other science labs that are very visual? Have you found that you are able to keep up with the labs and course work?

                I know that many of these questions are specific to the individual, but I have very little knowledge of how people have done this in the past. Any help would be really appreciated. 😊

Thanks

nina

Nina Marranca

Moderator | National Association of Blind Students Mailing List

Co-chair | Communications Committee

Ninam0814 at gmail.com