[NABS-L] Suggestions for Algebra and Science Class

Ahbee Orton ahbeeorton at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 19:54:28 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I am planning on taking college algebra class and an earth/environmental science class next semester. I have thought about a few options on how to get the materials in an accessible format for me to better understand but would like your thoughts and suggestions too. I have an embosser, an InTact drawing board and eraser with the special paper, and a sensational drawing board. I also have JAWS, MathType, and Duxury on my Windows computer. Are there specfic programs or other suggestions you may have to successfully make the math and science accessible? I am attending a small private college, where they have limited resources.
In addition, does anyone have a paper braille textbook with graphics and/or the kinds of material for these classes I could borrow?
Thank you.

Blessings,
Ahbee

Vice President, AABS
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV