[NABS-L] Accessible Java Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)

Jillian Milton jillianmilton at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 22:26:47 UTC 2020

Hello,

My name is Jillian, and I am a freshman in college. I finished taking an intro to computer science course in Java, and the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) software that I used to type my code was not VoiceOver accessible. The IDE was called Processing. My next computer science course will be in Java and I am looking for an accessible software to type and run code that will work with VoiceOver. I would also want VoiceOver to be able to read each character as it is being typed in the IDE. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jillian Milton