[NABS-L] Procedures Re: board position 4

Naim Abu-ElHawa nmabuelhawa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 00:26:01 UTC 2020

Hi Arielle and NABS folks. There were indeed challenges that would have
otherwise been nonexistent if the convention was in person. However, due to
my observed presence at Wednesday evening‘s meeting, the virtual aspect of
the convention business meeting (National Association of Blind Students
business meeting) did pose slight communications challenges. although I
opted not to participate in voting, I could see how slight confusion could
have arose at the time. Communication was effective, but not clear to all.
Other than that, I understand that the constitution does grant the chair of
the business meeting some room, I could understand some folks‘ frustration.
I think a great way to settle this, I’ll be at complicated, would be for
folks bringing forth concerns to say, contextually, where their concerns
lie in the constitution. Otherwise, There did not appear to be any blatant
lack of transparency in Wednesday night‘s elections, from my point of view.
We should all try our hardest to remain impartial, and comments should not
become personal. Thank you Arielle for your clearly impartial point of
view. I must reiterate, I do not have any steak in any results, as I did
not vote Wednesday night and neither was I a paying member at the time. I
just hope my comments, as unnecessary as they may be, could prove to be
treated as points of reflection for those who are exercising their
democratic rights. We are a democratic organization after all. Democracy
shall always prevail. remember, we are a democracy. I hope my statements,
with any added platitudes, may prove to be effective to some. Enjoy this
evening‘s banquet address. Take care all. Many thanks and much respect.
Sincerely,
Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa