[NABS-L] Urgent: Calling All Marching Band Students

Abigail Duffy abigaileduffy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 18:02:45 UTC 2020

I don’t know if this helps, but in my experience, and what my friends have
said, usually the blind person will have a buddy who also plays the same
instrument. You will either have like locked arms with that person
depending on how you play your instrument, or they will kind of tell you if
you need to do turns or what have you. Also in marching band you walk in a
pretty particular pace, and you practice it a lot, so it’s never been An
 issue for me when I did.
I also never did this in marching band, but they could probably ask the
person standing in front of them to put bright duck tape on the back of
their uniform, if they had some residual vision.
Hope this helped
Abby Duffy