[NABS-L] Share your diversity story

Shane Wegner shanew at outlook.com
Mon Oct 12 22:59:14 UTC 2020

Hello Blind Students,

Shane here from the NABS Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Last month on the NABS membership call, we learned about National Hispanic Heritage Month. Equally as engaging though was learning how the cultures of some of our members intersected with blindness.

To build on that valuable insight, we are hoping to put together a blog post with diversity stories from students around the organization for Meet the Blind Month. Additionally, your story will help us shape the future of the work of the NABS Diversity and Inclusion Committee.

Blindness is not the characteristic that defines us or our future. What other characteristic or intersection do you bring to the Federation. How has that shaped you. Are there unique interactions between blindness and your other characteristics? We would love to hear about it.

We have created a very short form and, depending on what you share, we will compile these stories into a blog post for the NABS blog. You are free to remain as anonymous as you choose and can select whether or not we can share your story. Please be assured however, that we will treat this information with utmost respect.

To access the form, follow this link:
https://bit.ly/3iSxjS6

Thank you and happy midterms to those who have them.

Shane

Shane Wegner
Board Member | National Association of Blind Students<https://www.nabslink.org/>
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind<https://www.nfb.org/>
Chairperson | NABS Diversity and Inclusion Committee

Interested in getting involved with student diversity and inclusion? E-mail me<mailto:shanew at outlook.com> or drop a meeting on my calendar<https://www.calendly.com/wegner612>.

Connect with me on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/wegnerjd> or Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/shanew>.