[NABS-L] NFB of California Convention

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 04:18:23 UTC 2020

Hi students,

This is just a reminder that the NFB of California state convention is
just around the corner. It will be the weekend of October 22nd, and
will adjourn on Sunday, October 25th. We hope you'll come join
us--it's virtual, but there will be plenty of excitement and fun.

Just a reminder of CABS election policies: If you want to vote in
elections, membership dues are needed by the end of October 1st. It's
a $5 annual fee, which will allow you to have an impact on California
student leadership. Make your voice heard, and help us plan and
execute events for students across the state. We welcome any dues or
donations at any time, but in order to be eligible for voting we must
have received them by the end of October 1st, 2020. Please Venmo
Rochelle Houston at Rochelle-Houston-1. In the memo field, write
something like "CABS dues".

People who have paid dues by the end of October 1st will receive an
email on the morning of October 2nd confirming eligibility to run in
and vote in elections. At that time, people will have two weeks to
submit campaign speech audio or video. Speeches may not exceed one
minute in length. at the end of October 15th, campaign speeches will
no longer be accepted. All eligible people will receive a Google form
for voting on the morning of October 16th, and will have until the end
of October 23rd to vote. Results will be announced at the California
student division meeting on October 24th, by someone who is not
running for election or re-election.

Positions up for election this year are president, VP, secretary,
treasurer, and board member(s). According to our constitution, the
current president can decide whether we have one or three board
members. If one or two people run, we'll have one position for
election. If three or more run, we'll have three positions, with the
top three people elected. CABS is starting to gain active membership,
and I want as many people to develop their leadership capabilities as
possible.

That's about it. The CABS business meeting will be October 24th, from
9:00 AM to 10:30 AM Pacific time. Thanks, and let me know if you have
any questions.

Best,
CXB

--