[NABS-L] Online applied algebra class

Rose Waagan rosew at writeme.com
Tue Sep 15 07:36:46 UTC 2020

Hi all,

The following course, which cannot be waved, is part of my degree plan for a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration marketing. Assuming all the equations in this course are readable, which they should be by the time I start, I’m wondering what other accessibility hurtles I may need to look out for. It is on a course platform which is very accessibility friendly, and all other courses I’ve taken on that platform have thorough alt text descriptions for any graphs or charts. I will paste the six course competencies and course description below.

* The graduate verifies the validity of a given model.
* The graduate analyzes graphical depictions of real-world situations using functional properties.
* The graduate applies logistic functions and their properties to real-world problems.
* The graduate applies exponential functions and their properties to real-world problems.
* The graduate applies exponential functions and their properties to real-world problems.
The graduate interprets the real-world meaning of various functions based on notation, graphical representations, and data representations.

Course description

Applied Algebra is designed to help candidates develop competence in working with functions, working with the algebra of functions, and using some applied properties of functions. Candidates will learn how to apply different kinds of functions to relevant, real-life examples. From there, the algebra of several families of functions will be explored, including linear, polynomial, exponential, and logistic functions. Candidates will also learn about relevant, applicable mathematical properties of each family of functions, including rate of change, concavity, maximizing/minimizing, and asymptotes. These properties will be used to solve problems related to your major and make sense of problems in everyday living. Candidates should complete Applied Probability and Statistics or its equivalent prior to engaging in Applied Algebra.

Kind regards,

Rose