[NABS-L] Fwd: I'm being recruited for a job with inaccessible technology and need advice?

Amy Albin amyralbin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:57:46 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amy Albin <amyralbin at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:40:16 -0400
Subject: I'm being recruited for a job with inaccessible technology
and need advice?
To: job-discussions at nfbnet.org

So the job is a research assistant in a psychology lab. Part of my job
will to be using Qualtrics to create surveys but that is not
accessible. Even so, I sure know how to create a survey. The same with
Mendley, a reference classification system. Again I've read it's not
accessible, but I can certainly classify documents. I have that brain
power.

1. Since all the recruiting is on Zoom, I don't think they know I'm
blind. Should I tell them or should not tell them unless I'm hired to
protect myself?
2. Does anyone know of any accessible JAWS alternatives to Qualtrics
and/or Mendeley?
3. What are my options? I know I can use AIRA (for a fee) or a reader.
Or I can put the information in Microsoft Word or ExCel for others to
put in the software? Are there any other ideas?

Thank you so much.

Best,

Amy Albin