[NABS-L] Blind Friendly University

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 22:31:54 UTC 2020

Dear Aimee,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your community
college. I am only in my first quarter as a freshman taking a class in
mathematics and computer science each, and Stanford's Office of
Accessible Education and in-house accessible format production team
have been reasonably solid. I have heard bad things about Georgia
Tech. My interaction with Harvard is very limited, but the impression
I got was that they were willing and had the resources but did not
have previous experience in supporting blind STEM students. In
general, my approach towards university selection in the college
application process was to apply to all the schools I liked, and then
based on the ones I got admission offers from, I would factor in the
track record of their disability services while deciding which to turn
down and which one institution to commit to. Good luck!

Thanks.