[NABS-L] College Spaces from Different Places meets Monthly Mentor Mondays

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Sat Mar 6 01:16:18 UTC 2021

College Spaces from Different Places meets Monthly Mentor Mondays

Second Monday of the month at 7:00 pm
We know how important connecting with peers and mentors who also happen to be blind or low vision can be for the students we work with. To help young people connect with our community of excellent mentors and allow time for them to ask questions that can help them along their journey we host our Monthly Mentor Monday’s series. During these sessions LightHouse staff lead a panel of young blind leaders through a conversation about topics important to the success of youth who are blind or have low vision. Each month a new group college-aged and young adult mentor shares their thoughts, stories and advice about that month’s topic and addresses any questions from the Zoom audience. Topics include advocacy, career exploration, social interaction, self-determination, assistive technology and recreation and leisure with a focus on the additional experiences we encounter during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Who: Inviting all students in middle or high school who are blind or have low vision
When: Monday, March 8th at 7:00 PM
What: College Spaces from Different Places Meets Monthly Mentor Monday
A panel of blind or low vision young people from our program College Spaces from Different Places will lead a conversation on planning for what’s next: join us in March as our panel of blind and low vision students share their insights and answer your questions about how to set oneself up for success in the next academic year both virtually and in-person. Blind/low vision students attending various 2 and 4-year colleges will openly discuss their experiences and thoughts on what it is like going to college ranging from struggles to successes. There will be plenty of time after for Q&A!
RSVP to Daisy Soto, Youth Program Assistant and Zoom meeting information will be shared with those that RSVP the morning of the event.

If you have any questions or would like to join us for  the College Experience Panel, please contact Daisy Soto at youth at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:youth at lighthouse-sf.org> or by phone at (415)-493-8896.

[LightHouse for the Blind - Logo]
1155 Market Street, 10th Floor SF 94103
Visit us online:
Website<https://lighthouse-sf.org/> | Holman<https://holman.lighthouse-sf.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/lighthousesf/> |Twitter<https://twitter.com/lighthouse_sf> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/LFTBSF> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/lighthouseblind/>

Are you someone who is blind or has low vision and have a fantastic idea you can’t wait to bring to the world? Don’t miss this chance and apply now for the Holman Prize for Blind Ambition: http://holmanprize.org/apply