[NABS-L] Should Transportation Be Considered When Searching for Internships?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:02:55 UTC 2021

Hi Nick,

First, don't count yourself out of applying for an internship because
the transportation may be difficult to work out.

Second, think about where you live and what your options are. Uber or
Lyft? Paratransit? Buses? Hiring a driver? Trading with someone who
can drive for you? Riding with someone who is going to the same place
or nearby? Working with your rehab to get funds for transportation?

Any of these can be options if you get creative. The only thing I
would caution you against is giving up on getting an internship to
which you would need to drive and only applying for virtual ones.

Good luck!

Julie

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of