[NABS-L] Policy Memo: ATAA

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:06:38 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I'm writing a policy memo on the Assistive technology Affordability
Act (ATAA, or H.R. 431) for a class on digital civil society. This
memo aims to introduce the bill, and to provide statistics and
research to further prove the necessity of the bill as a solution to
affordability issues. While I am familiar enough with the bill to
discuss it or to make a very passionate and persuasive speech, a
written memo unfortunately requires citations that a speech does not.
Does anyone have some research papers and other sources that I can
read, pull statistics from, and cite? I can share the policy memo
later if desired, assuming that I get a good grade. :)

Also, a few weeks ago, I emailed regarding interviews for a project on
race and ethnicity in the NFB. I have written a petition, which I will
share after I present it to the class next week. Thanks.

Best,
cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman (she/her/hers)