[nagdu] FW: photos finally

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Fri Dec 26 19:31:46 UTC 2008

Hi Jeffrey,
I think it is OK to post pictures as long as Julie thinks its OK. There are
plenty of partials on the list - me included -  who can enjoy them.  As long
as they are of our dogs, I like that!

Bunny, I really enjoyed your pictures of your dogs in the snow.  That one of
your barn is really nice.  I'll send that one to my sister who is an artist
and she does barns as well as horse paintings.  Your pictures show the REAL
New England that I know so well!

As far as "Politically Correct", my inner rebel says, "Bah Humbug!!!"  I
think political correctness can and does go too far alot of the time.  It
takes an idea of what's right to the obnoxious level and spoils it all.

I suppose it is a new idea to send pictures to NAGDU list members.  Yes it
is a list for primarily blind guide dog users.  But we do have partials who
use guide dogs, sighted assistance dog users and sighted puppy raisers on
the list and I think they'd enjoy the pictures.  I do think the pictures
should be limited to our assistance dogs just like the posts are limited to
guide and assistance dog topics.

I do believe that if pictures are sent, the sender should describe them for
the totals.  That way, nobody gets left out and everyone feels included.
How do you feel about this, Julie, our moderator?

We had a nice Christmas and two other guide dog users - the Paws That Heal
team - enjoyed a delicious dinner in the Galley and our visit on the mental
health ward to visit the guys who had to stay there for the holidays.  The
people and dogs had a great time with many smiles on the faces of the
patients.

Hope you all had happy holidays and a prosperous New Year to all!

Cheers,

Linda and Landon