[nagdu] Allergy shots

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Nov 28 17:14:30 UTC 2008

Angie,
One of my dogs had to have allergy shots, and my vet actually gave me
prefilled syringes, so I had no trouble administering the shots
independently.  You could ask about that, but if that's not feasible, you
might get the vet's office to make a notch on the syringe with a knife so
you'll know how far to draw it up.  Or a small piece of tape might work.
The problem is that you have to have a bottle with a wide enough mouth to
get the seringe all the way in.  You might be able to transfer the liquid
into a different container at home.  Just some options to consider.  Good
luck, and let us know how you handle this.  My vet was very creative at
helping me figure out ways of dealing with meds and such.  Hopefully, yours
will work with you on this little challenge.

Sherrill