[nagdu] Puppyraiser short story

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Aug 3 17:28:00 UTC 2009

NPR has a program reading short stories called "Selected Shorts".
Yesterday's program had a story from the viewpoint of a guide dog
puppyraiser and volunteer.  So far as I could tell, it was accurate, so
maybe the author is actually a puppyraiser.  It's called "The Dog of the
Marriage", and the author is Amy Something.  Hemphill? Hepple?  On WNYC,
the program will be repeated on Saturday at 4:00 P.M.  It was the second
story.  The first was called "Sleeping with A Dog in a Kingsize Bed".  I
enjoyed that story, too.  It's about how dogs are better company than most
people.
Just thought I'd mention the program, in case people can find it.
Tracy