[nagdu] blind clicker training methods / Shaman was good

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:35:54 UTC 2009

Thanks Ann, I am waiting for Nick to finish his "Finals"so he can help me.
Shaman is still very young. He just turned 2 years old this month. I am
hoping that with age, he will be less distractable. For now, I just have to
keep working on it. He is a good dog and he loves me and I love him. He does
things that just melt my heart when we are at home. He really does want to
please me, and he does try. I some times get frustrated,but I need to get
over that. Shaman has great potential. I once had to correct him for chasing
a lizard while he was guiding me down a sidewalk.Within 5 minutes, he was
saving my "butt" from being run over by a semi truck that ran it's back
wheels over the curb we had been on only seconds before. Shaman moved me out
of the way just in time.There is no question that this dog can do the job. I
need to remember to be patient with him and not give up, and not to get so
frustrated. Easier said than done, but I am committed to seeing this
through. He is a wonderful dog even if he is different from my huskies! Have
a great day,  Mardi and Shaman,and Nala, retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/